BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced Starter Service
Build a unique unified catalog, totally integrated with BMC Products, third party products and public cloud services. Enable a real powerful self-service with unlimited extensions possibility.
What you get:
BMC will perform the following:
- Configure user roles, banners, catalog sections in DWPA settings
- Using existing Foundation Data*, BMC will configure up to five Simple Services that can be requested by end users from BMC Digital Workplace. One of five Simple Services may include one of the in-scope integrations.
- Assist the customer with configuration of one integration from the following out-of-the box, bi-directional Service Connector* options:
- Microsoft Active Directory Connector – Create and update users, groups, and computers in Microsoft Active Directory
- AWS Market Place Connector – Provision Amazon EC2 Cloud instances
- AWS Service Catalog Connector – Import services from AWS Service Catalog
- Azure Connector – Provision Azure services
- Citrix Xen App Connector – Import virtual apps from the Citrix Xen App server
- Citrix Xen Desktop Connector – Import virtual desktop from the Citrix Xen desktop server
- Citrix XenMobile Connector – Provision a list of mobile applications available on the Citrix XenMobile server
- Flexera Connector – Request licenses by querying Flexera database
- Microsoft Office 365 Connector – Manage users in Microsoft Office 365
- Configure BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced in three environments: Dev, QA, and Production
BMC will provide this service with one of the approaches below:
|Delivery Options||Success Credits Required|
Deliverables: Using BMC’s standard methodology and templates, the following Deliverables are in scope for this project and will be delivered:
- Construction Document
Completion Criteria: BMC will have completed these Consulting Services when the in-scope Consulting Services have been completed and the Deliverables have been delivered to the Customer Project Manager.
- Customer has an implemented BMC Helix ITSM platform
- Customer has license to BMC Helix Integration Service if using BMC Service Connectors
- Customer has existing Foundation Data loaded
- Customer will be responsible for:
- Conducting functional testing
- Providing access to third-party integration servers
- Estimated Duration: 4 weeks
- In-scope Product: BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced
- Service Type: Deployment
- Availability: Active
- Success Service Code: DWPA_STRT_002, DWPA_STRT_002_ONSHORE
- Date Last Updated: 10/05/2023
Foundation Data: Foundation data is data required for the application to function properly and is defined as:
- Sites and Location Structures
- Support Organizations and Groups
- People (includes group memberships, application permissions, and functional roles)
- Operational Services Catalog
- Software Catalogue
Service Connector or OOTB Connector: BMC Helix Digital Workplace catalog integrates with external fulfillment systems through Service Connectors which pass information from a service request to an external system.
Simple Service: A service that is composed of one fulfilment ticket, up to eight questions, up to one entitlement, and no approvals.
Country-Specific Staffing: Upon Customer’s request and BMC resource availability, BMC will deviate from BMC’s Standard Delivery model. BMC will work with Customer to understand and address their country-specific staffing requirements. The staffing choice from which country a BMC resource comes from will be mutually agreed to by BMC and Customer.
Standard Delivery: A mix of BMC consultants and project managers sourced from various BMC locations.