- Prioritize and resolve service impacts with a mainframe-inclusive, service-aware topology.
- Automatically map and visualize across distributed and mainframe environments and prioritize problems based on their impact to business services.
- Optimize customer experiences and react more nimbly to market changes using key performance indicator (KPI) dashboards to continuously measure and improve the mainframe software delivery lifecycle (SDLC).
- Gain actionable insights to accelerate innovation by pinpointing trends that drive mainframe DevOps adoption and transformation.
- Secure your most privileged users and credentials through Privileged Access Management for any RACF, ACF2, or TSS External Security Managers (ESMs) on the mainframe.
Modernize and automate mainframe software development and delivery while increasing quality, velocity, and efficiency through a mainframe-inclusive DevOps toolchain. BMC Compuware zAdviser leverages machine learning to continuously measure and improve DevOps processes and outcomes. New KPI dashboards in BMC Compuware zAdviser offer actionable insights that empower development teams to:
- Measure the velocity of the development process from commit to deploy
- Drive the adoption rate and usage of a modern IDE
- Identify the percentage of developers still using manual processes and monitor the percentage of bugs escaping to production
- Optimize customer experiences and react quickly to market changes
KPI dashboards are now available for BMC Compuware ISPW, BMC Compuware Topaz, BMC Compuware Topaz for Total Test, BMC AMI Message Advisor for IMS, and BMC AMI Ops Automation.
BMC AMI Security automatically detects and responds to mainframe threats, provides real-time visibility when they occur, and creates audit trails to help address growing compliance requirements. New capabilities enable users to:
- Secure their most privileged users and credentials through Privileged Access Management for their preferred ESM
- Detect anomalous activity by privileged users across multiple areas and respond accordingly
- Receive data that is enriched with indicators of compromise and tailored alerts to all ESMs
BMC AMI Ops transforms mainframe operations with predictive intelligence and automated probable cause analysis to increase uptime and improve availability. New capabilities enable users to:
- Replace manual, time-consuming event correlation with automated mapping and united data from mainframe operations and distributed systems using BMC Helix Discovery for IBM® z/OS
- Get a complete topology and color-coded map of service issues to drill down into the most critical impacts to services
- Bring mainframe data to more of your enterprise and promote collaboration on incident response by leveraging BMC AMI Ops and BMC AMI Security integrations with Splunk to create a single location for visibility of mainframe operations and security data
BMC Helix Discovery for IBM® z/OS
Context is key to resolving service impacts. BMC AMI Ops brings mainframe event data to BMC Helix Discovery for IBM for z/OS, creating a service aware topology with the context to isolate dependencies and prioritize problems based on their impact to your business. BMC Helix Discovery for IBM z/OS enhances business service mapping by automatically discovering mainframe inventory, configuration, and relationship data, so it can be included in mapping applications and business services to their supporting IT infrastructure.
Read more +
BMC AMI Data ensures infrastructure and its data is always available while empowering DevOps collaboration with advanced database change management. New capabilities in BMC AMI Data empower DBAs and developers to:
- Schedule and run Db2 Utilities when there is an open workload window
- Watch trends in IMS queue activity via BMC Compuware zAdviser dashboards
- Verify IMS checkpoints are present and inserted into programs at appropriate intervals
BMC AMI Command Center for Db2
Schedule and run your Db2 Utilities when there is an open workload window. This feature allows users to update the new Duration Table for BMC AMI Utility Manager for better scheduling, especially for those using MLC billing for IBM Software products who aim to submit Utility jobs when normal workloads are not at peak.
BMC AMI Message Advisor for IMS
Watch trends in IMS queue activity via BMC Compuware zAdviser dashboards. BMC AMI Message Advisor for IMS now shows trends in IMS queue activity through zAdviser dashboards, which can demonstrate Message Advisor product usage and quickly indicate trends.
BMC AMI Log Analyzer for IMS
Verify IMS checkpoints are present and inserted into programs at appropriate intervals with a new Jenkins shift-left developer plugin. This verification ensures appropriate IMS checkpoints early, before programs move down the development process.
Read more +
"The mainframe continues to play an important role in the future of digital business. But to meet rising digital demands and deliver the highest quality customer experience, operations and development teams must have the visibility to prioritize problems impacting critical services and continuously improve the software delivery cycle. A mainframe-inclusive topology and actionable software development metrics give teams the insights to make fact-based decisions." — Chris Steffen, Research Director, Security and Risk Management, Enterprise Management Associates